I have a diverse education, both traditional and self-driven, of many different web and app development languages for desktop and mobile. I also have a design background, tons of UI/UX experience, and a surprisingly large knowledge of typography (seriously, let's talk about it). I think all developers should study design, and I believe having this well-rounded education makes me a stronger engineer.
- Adobe CS
- React & Redux
Transfix, Inc.New York, New York
Asheville Convention & Visitors BureauAsheville, North Carolina
Houser Shoes, Inc.Fletcher, North Carolina
FreelanceAsheville, North Carolina
Precision PrintingBoone, North Carolina
The Appalachian NewspaperBoone, North Carolina
Appalachian State UniversityBoone, North Carolina
Staff Software Engineer
New York, New York
- First front-end engineer
- Refactored web app from Rails, to Aurelia (a terrific JS framework), and finally landing on React/Redux.
- Refactored our public site from Wordpress to Jade, a great (but extinct) static site templating language, and then eventually to 11ty.js.
- Developed an internal library for creating web (React/Redux) apps, mobile (React Native) apps, and shared modules (NPM).
- Brand-new CI/CD pipeline (CircleCI).
- Created standards for networking configurations, CSS and JS syntax linting, and automated testing.
- Developed our web networking standards, using AWS tools, including all of our deployment configurations, client-side security, and multi-region failover.
- Technical lead on the creation of our internal component/design pattern library.
- Rebuilt our Android and iOS apps using React Native.
- Grew a team of cross-functional engineers and designers to continue the work.